Work With Us
Join our Team!
We are always on the look out for passionate and dedicated individuals who share our vision and want to make a difference in their community and beyond.
Why Work With Us
You'll be a great fit if you're looking for work aligned with the following:
By working with us, you will be contributing to a greater purpose and promoting social change and equity.
Join a dynamic team of like-minded indiviuals, community organizers, and educators to collaborate on transformative initiatives.
Does this sound good to you? Check out our current openening below!
Malcolm X & Dr. Betty Shabazz Memorial and Educational Center
Location: 3940 Broadway, New York, NY 10032
The Malcolm X & Dr. Betty Shabazz Memorial and Educational Center is seeking an accomplished and experienced Executive Assistant to join our distinguished team. This position presents an exceptional opportunity to make a meaningful impact by preserving the legacy of Malcolm X and Dr. Betty Shabazz while contributing to our vital educational initiatives within the community.
As the Executive Assistant, you will serve as a vital link and trusted advisor to the Executive Director. Your expert administrative skills and exceptional organizational abilities will ensure the seamless management of daily operations and pivotal projects. You will play a pivotal role in coordinating schedules, facilitating meetings, and maintaining an office environment that operates with utmost efficiency.
- Provide comprehensive and confidential administrative support to the Executive Director, managing calendars, prioritizing appointments, and handling sensitive correspondence.
- Coordinate complex logistics for Board meetings, committee gatherings, and prestigious events, demonstrating meticulous attention to detail and a composed demeanor.
- Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills to create and refine documents, reports, and presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Maintain an organized repository of records, files, and databases, enabling effortless retrieval of essential information.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams to support fundraising endeavors and grant applications, contributing to the continued success of our organization.
- Cultivate and nurture strong professional relationships with internal staff, external partners, and stakeholders, fostering seamless communication and collaboration.
- Uphold the highest standards of discretion and integrity when handling confidential information and sensitive matters.
- Oversee office supplies and optimize office spaces to ensure a productive work environment.
- A distinguished educational background, preferably with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, or a related field.
- A proven track record of excellence as an Executive Assistant or in a comparable executive support role.
- Exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to interact professionally with diverse stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and familiarity with relevant software to enhance productivity.
- Exceptional organizational abilities, with the capacity to multitask and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with diverse teams, fostering a harmonious and productive work environment.
- A steadfast commitment to the mission and values upheld by the Malcolm X & Dr. Betty Shabazz Memorial and Educational Center.
This is a prestigious one-year contract position offering a competitive salary of $50,000 for the duration of the contract.
To be considered for this exceptional opportunity, please submit your well-crafted resume and a thoughtful cover letter expressing your passion and skill set for this position. The application deadline is September 7, 2023. Selected candidates will be personally contacted to schedule an interview.
We invite you to apply for this significant role through our secure online application portal. Visit email@example.com to embark on a rewarding journey as the Executive Assistant at the Malcolm X & Dr. Betty Shabazz Memorial and Educational Center. Please note walk-ins applications will not be accepted.
At the Malcolm X & Dr. Betty Shabazz Memorial and Educational Center, we are unequivocally committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workforce. We warmly welcome applicants from all backgrounds and experiences to join our mission-driven team.
Closing Date: August 30, 2023. Projected Start Date and End of Contract Period: September 30, 2023 – September 30, 2024
Location: The Malcolm X & Dr. Betty Shabazz Memorial and Educational Center
3940 Broadway New York 10032-by appointment only
Join our esteemed team at The Malcolm X & Dr. Betty Shabazz Memorial and Educational Center, a renowned non-profit organization dedicated to preserving the profound legacies of Malcolm X and Dr. Betty Shabazz, and empowering communities through transformative educational programs. We are currently seeking a dynamic and accomplished Grant Writer to spearhead our efforts in securing funding for our impactful initiatives.
- Collaborate closely with the Interim Executive Director to foster productive collaboration with potential donors’ representatives, ensuring pertinent information is gathered to develop grant submissions that satisfy their specific demands and align with their philanthropic objectives.
- Conduct comprehensive research, skillfully identifying and evaluating potential grant opportunities that harmonize with our core objectives.
- Meticulously craft compelling and persuasive grant proposals, skillfully navigating letters of inquiry, and curating supplementary documentation that substantiates our organizational impact, to secure vital funding from diverse sources.
- Ensure timely submission of grant applications, meticulously adhering to the intricate guidelines and stringent requirements set forth by funding organizations.
- Maintain an exhaustive funders database, carefully monitoring submitted applications and diligently following up on pending proposals to enhance our success rate.
- Vigilantly monitor the progress of grants, diligently preparing and delivering weekly updates to the Interim Executive Director, ensuring all stakeholders are well-informed of grant activities.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports that concisely encapsulate our grant activities, strategic outcomes, and potential funding opportunities, providing valuable insights for inclusion in organizational administrative records.
- A distinguished track record of accomplishment in the realm of grant writing, demonstrating a masterful ability to secure funding for non-profit organizations.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, adeptly articulating our organizational vision, mission, and programmatic endeavors to prospective funders.
- Demonstrable expertise in conducting meticulous research and discerning analysis, enabling the identification of apt funding sources aligned with our overarching objectives.
- Exemplary attention to detail and organizational acumen, facilitating seamless management of multiple grant applications and their corresponding deadlines.
- Proficiency in utilizing cutting-edge grant management software and databases to optimize efficiency and streamline processes.
- An intimate understanding of fundraising principles and a comprehensive grasp of industry-leading grant writing best practices.
- Preferential familiarity with The Malcolm X & Dr. Betty Shabazz Memorial and Educational Center’s history, mission, and programs.
This remarkable opportunity offers an esteemed one-year full-time contract with an exceptional annual compensation of $60,000.00. The accomplished grant writer will report directly to the Interim Executive Director, Board Chair and Members of the Board.
If you possess an unwavering commitment to effecting meaningful change in communities and possess an illustrious track record in grant writing, we invite you to submit your comprehensive application package, comprising your captivating resume, compelling cover letter, and exemplary writing samples, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Grant Writer Application” in the subject line.
Our distinguished selection committee will review applications on an ongoing basis and will only contact those exceptional candidates chosen for an interview. Please note we are only receiving applications online and not in-person. Thank you in advance for your submission.
Malcolm X & Dr. Betty Shabazz Memorial and Educational Center
Contact Information: email@example.com